Saturday, April 02, 2011

I just want to say thank you to all of you that attended Ric's service yesterday.  It really meant a lot to have you all there, and enjoy the much love Ric and I shared.  I am just going to post my speech, and Chelsea's speech for all that could not make the service yesterday.  For you all that could not attend...we do have a DVD.  I sent it to Regina, so my grandmother could view the service in the comfort of her home.

I remember a lot about daddy...But the thing I remember the most about him is when he would go downstairs every Saturday and play the drums.  One day, just me and daddy went mini-golfing, I got a hole in one!  I MISS daddy so much, I REALLY wish he was still here so I could give him a big hug.  He has a special place in  my heart.

Ric is a remarkable human being.  He is a  son, a brother, a husband, a father, and a loyal friend.

When I think about Ric many words come to mind...loving, caring ,tender, courageous, strong, wonderful, beautiful, peaceful, intelligent, brave, musical, dignified, gentle, warm, handsome, inspirational, and sports enthusiast.

The last 9 months have been difficult, although not as difficult as the day I lost him forever.  My heart sank so deep on the 26th of March, the morning Ric took his last breath.  I miss his warm touch, his tender smile, the gentle way he carried himself.  I tell my girls we must keep telling our stories about their daddy, as this will keep Ric alive in our hearts.  As Ric fought this ugly beast we call cancer, he never ever said "why me!"  He said "why not me?"  He was never angry with his diagnosis.  Ric is one of the bravest men I have met!  He fought with all he had, he is so courageous.  I am very proud of the dignified fight he fought.  I just wish it had a better outcome.  I will miss you Ric, I will never forget you!!

I also want to say thank you so very much to Ric's cousin Warren Pearce...who did a wonderful job as presider.   Thank you to Kelly and Chris Craig for playing some music prior to the service.  Thank you to Mark Bergen for your wonderful photo tribute...and thank you so very much Peter Morrow for your tribute to my wonderful husband.  Thank you to Sharon for catering...food was lovely.  I hope I covered everyone, and apologize if I forgot anyone.

I just want to let anyone know that whoever did not get a service folder at the service, I have plenty here at the house...I could mail them out, or if you are around you may pick them up.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 a.m., Blogger Glenn Matich said...

Tracy,

A fitting tribute. I only wish we had known him much longer and better.

Your courage and strength amaze us, and again, although we are a few hours away, if you and the girls ever need us, we're here for you!

All our love,

Glenn, Tammy, Jamie and Tyler

 
At 12:46 p.m., Blogger Janet Craig said...

Thanks for posting Tracy. It was a beautiful service and I admired your strength in speaking...and Chelsey..wow.. her speech and her hug for you spoke volumes of your family values. Ric will live on in many hearts and minds.
Keep in touch
Janet Craig

 

Post a Comment

<< Home