Saturday, March 19, 2011

I just wanted to send out a very quick post to update you all.  As you all know this has been a very emotional time for the Day family...Ric was supposed to go to hospice this week...this week has come and gone, Ric is still at home with me and the girls.  Ric has chosen to stay at home...and I have to stand by my man!  This may mean his final days may be at home with us...but this is what Ric wants and I want to honour that request for my loving husband. 

Ric and I want to express our gratitude to all of you who keep reading and supporting our family in this particularly hard time.  We are also grateful to all of you who supported the patient transport, and set up a trust fund for our family.  I can't begin to say how much this means to my family.  I also thank you all for being there for me...when I needed that shoulder to cry on...I will really need that shoulder, if not many, over the next couple of days as this continues to get tougher and tougher! 

10 Comments:

At 8:46 a.m., Anonymous Jeff and Tania said...

Tracy, you are truly an amazing person. We continue to send prayers, love and peace to Ric, you and the girls.

 
At 10:05 a.m., Anonymous Jody and Peter said...

Tracy, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

 
At 10:35 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update Tracy. Love and prayers to all of you.

Sarah and Peter

 
At 12:15 p.m., Blogger Janet Craig said...

Patsy Cline couldn't have said it better..
Stand by your man....
Give him two arms to cling to
And something warm to come to

Stand by your man
And tell the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man
Stand by your man
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man

I hope that Calgary Health district will provide you with everything you need to make his stay at home comfortable.
Always close in our hearts.
Janet and Doug Craig.

 
At 7:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

so many memories growing up with both you in my life...
love and prayers to keep you strong in faith, even in the dark.
Stacey

 
At 8:42 p.m., Blogger Glenn Matich said...

Our hearts go out to you and the girls; you know we are with you in every way we can. Be strong, God is with you all.

Glenn, Tammy, Jamie and Tyler

 
At 9:32 p.m., Anonymous Tara said...

Always thinking of you and praying for you

 
At 10:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy and Ric, you and your kids and families are constantly in my thoughts and prayers..and in my heart. The strength and love you have shown throughout this battle is something that others can only hope for. Stay strong in your faith...
Tamra

 
At 10:42 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy, Ric and the girls. We are thinking of you so much and I wish words could give you the strength you need. My shoulder is always here for you Tracy - anytime. You are so strong and we are all so proud of everything you have done and continue to do for Ric and your girls.

Love Sheila

 
At 5:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy, please give Ric a big hug from me. I haven't seen him in such a long time and now I wish that work had taken me to Calgary more often in the last few years. So many people are sending their strength and prayers for you and your family to get through the next leg of your very difficult journey. Please know that these prayers are coming from all Ric's co-workers in Winnipeg as well.

Love Alison

 

Post a Comment

<< Home