Saturday, March 05, 2011

Don't know what I just did there...must be the lack of sleep!  I just want to say thank you to Ric's co-workers and some very nice neighbours for our new method of transportation.  I just wish palliative care covered some of that cost! 

Ric is still very week!  He has had several falls, due to lack of energy.  The last couple days have not been good as Ric is struggling with nausea and vomiting.  We just started giving some anti-nausea meds for this, but Ric is not eating much, if at all!  I am hoping this will change...as it stresses me out!  The days are a challenge for us, we are getting some help from my mother-in-law.  She will get here tomorrow, could use the help now in the home.  As time goes on, I spend any moment with Ric I can...so of course the girls are off playing too much on the electronic devices in the home.  I am trying to get them involved with Ric, I do think they are scared sometimes, especially when Ric is sick, or is in pain.  We try very hard to control his pain, the unfortunate outcome of this is the drowsiness from the meds.  I am glad to say Ric is laying next to right now, it seems he has not been in as much pain today, or yesterday...maybe radiation is starting to help.

I will try my best to post a bit more, I cannot promise anything, as some days are crazy, and I am truly exhausted by the end of the day.



 

2 Comments:

At 1:09 p.m., Anonymous Chris said...

Tracy,

I can't even begin to think of anything that compares to what you and Ric and the girls are going through right now. I'm glad you guys are getting help. I don't know if there is anything we can do from out here in Toronto but if there is please let us know. Take care and all the best to you all.

Chris

 
At 2:49 p.m., Blogger Janet Craig said...

Hi Ric and Tracy,
Sorry that you are going through a very rough time. So glad that Kay can help you and all the Calgary friends are there for you.
Hang in there.
Love Janet and Doug Craig

 

Post a Comment

<< Home